Since 1990, the University of Connecticut American English Language Institute (UCAELI), has provided English instruction to more than 3,000 students from countries throughout the world. UCAELI supports all students in pursuit of their goals by providing high quality instruction and access to the university's academic, professional, social and cultural resources. We look forward to welcoming you to our international community of language learners.
The University of Connecticut American English Language Institute is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) for the period (December 2017) through (December 2027) and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. CEA is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency. For further information about this accreditation, please contact the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation, 1001 N. Fairfax Street, Suite 630, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 665-3400, www.cea-accredit.org.
- To provide students with quality language instruction that enables the achievement of their personal, academic and professional goals.
- To maximize our students' access to UConn's educational, cultural and community resources.
- To assist our students in their transition to mainstream academic courses.
- To support university-wide needs for specialized English programs and services, including language instruction.
- To provide our students and community with opportunities for international experiences and learning.
For more information visit the UCAELI English Language Support Website.