University of Connecticut-Storrs has purchased access to The Teaching Professor and Magna Digital Library
As a member of our campus community this online content from Magna Publications is available at no cost to you. Since 1972 Magna has been a leading provider of higher education professional development resources. Sign up today and help energize your higher education career.
Edited by respected scholar and expert Dr. Maryellen Weimer of Penn State Berks, The Teaching Professor is a forum for discussion of the best strategies supported by the latest research for effective teaching in the college classroom.
Magna Digital Library offers on-demand access to nearly 500 programs covering a broad range of topics of interest to faculty & administrators.
There are two ways to access the latest content or browse the archives:
- On-campus, or when connecting via IP:go to www.magnapubs.com to view our group subscription content. If connected from an IP from your institution, you should see an option "Group Access" in the blue bar at the top of the page. Click Group Access to view the subscriptions currently available. It is not necessary to create an account or log in to access the subscription on-campus.
- To access the group subscription from an off-campuscomputer follow the steps below.
To register and log in to access the group subscription:
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/register/. Enter information in the required fields > Submit. NOTE: if you get an error that your password does not match, skip down to the EXISTING USERSSection below
- Once successfully registered, you will see a screen "Thank you for completing your registration"
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/profile/join-sitelicense/d6726b0f1fd67815bd42927ba01ded6a
- On the right side of the page, in the "Username or email address" box, enter the email address that you submitted in Step 1.
- Enter your password > Login
- On the My Account page > Join Team
- On the My Online Access page click the appropriate orange "Go to..." box for access
If you get an error when using Create Account:
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/profile/lost-password/
- Enter your email address > Reset Password
- Once the password has been reset, go to the URL in Step 3 above to complete the registration process and log in
If you have any questions or need further assistance with your account, please contact our Customer Service staff at email@example.com.