UConn’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) exists to support the teaching and learning mission of the university. We believe excellence in teaching and learning is central to the success of UConn Nation.
- Through workshops, summer and winter institutes, faculty learning communities, and consultations, we provide extensive programming and support for UConn faculty and teaching assistants to deliver world class instruction and create equitable, inclusive, and engaged learning for all of our students.
- We provide student-facing support through the Q Center and the Writing Center designed to elevate student learning outcomes and success.
- We leverage our expertise in instructional design, media production, educational technology, and workforce development solutions to facilitate the development of new and innovative academic programs that meet the needs of an increasingly diverse global landscape of learners and stakeholders.
- As thought leaders in higher education, we aim to ensure that physical (and virtual) UConn classroom learning environments maximize the affordances of active learning and ever changing educational technologies.
- Our deep commitment to equity and access is evident through our efforts to ensure an extensive array of academic courses and programs in winter and summer terms online, in Storrs, and at all of our regional campuses; through our Office of Early College Programs Early College Experience program that supports more than 15,000 Connecticut high school student enrollments in UConn courses every year; and through UConn’s adult degree completion Bachelor of General Studies program which is designed to provide individuals who have accumulated college credits but not yet completed their degree an opportunity to complete and earn a UConn degree.
We take great pride in our work. We love talking about our work and sharing our successes and challenges with others. It is work that gives us meaning and purpose on a daily basis. And, we hope that in some measure our work inspires you.
Many of the programs and resources we provide faculty and students are the direct result of donor support. The collective generosity of our alumni and friends ensures the continued success of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning. There are various ways you can contribute. To make a gift to CETL, visit the Uconn Foundation. No amount is too small. No gift is unappreciated. Your support will allow us to continue to elevate teaching and learning outcomes throughout the university community far into the future.
If you would like information about giving opportunities to the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning please contact:
How Can We Help You?
Our professional staff are available to help you with questions. From designing your syllabus to designing your course, from navigating HuskyCT to using breakout rooms, from facilitating classroom discussions to developing formative assessments and evaluating teaching effectiveness. We are here to help!
Fill out one of the forms below and you will be followed up with directly by one of our staff.
Give Us Your Feedback
Need to Contact Us?
Ask a Question
Sign Up for a Program
Get Our Newsletter