Perusall and HuskCT
LTI 1.3 makes the sync between the HuskyCT LMS and Perusall much easier.
- Roster fully syncs over without students having to launch.
- Students do not need to click on specific links for their grades to come over into your LMS. You only need the generic Perusall button, and there will be no grade sync issues.
- Instructors can still create individual assignment links, called “deep links” in LTI 1.3, which point to particular Perusall assignments even when the link and assignment do not have matching names. (Note: Deep links are automatically created in your LMS as you create Perusall assignments.)
With this update-- a course originally made with the old installation cannot upgrade into the new form....
- So, IF you already made a course in preparation of the semester approaching (before 1/3/23), when you launch Perusall from your LMS course, you will get a one time "confirm and merge" message from Perusall. Click through that.
- Then launch Perusall again. You will now be brought into a new blank course associated with the LMS Course. Go to the Document Library and select "copy materials from another course." In that drop down will be your original course. You can select to move all material over (including the instructor comments and course settings).
You may want to remove any links in your LMS course that were assignment specific links because they are not needed with LTI 1.3.
For general overview & instructions, see here.
How Can We Help You?
Our professional staff are available to help you with questions. From designing your syllabus to designing your course, from navigating HuskyCT to using breakout rooms, from facilitating classroom discussions to developing formative assessments and evaluating teaching effectiveness. We are here to help!
Fill out one of the forms below and you will be followed up with directly by one of our staff.
Give Us Your Feedback
Need to Contact Us?
Ask a Question
Sign Up for a Program
Get Our Newsletter