Workshops, Training, & Events
CETL offers workshops on various topics like HuskyCT, using web conferencing, lecture capture, creating your syllabus, engaging students, assessment methods, teaching and pedagogy, and many more.
View the upcoming Workshops and Events.
For those who are unable to attend an event or want to review the material learned at a workshop, CETL’s EdTech department provides recordings to training sessions on HuskyCT and other technology tools.
Helpful Articles and Guides
Below is a compilation of some helpful readings.
- How to Make Breakout Rooms Work Better
The Chronicle of Higher Education, Beth McMurtrie, December 2020
- What Incoming First-Year Students Want Online Learning to Be
EDUCAUSE, James M. Quirk and James P. Quirk, Published: Wednesday, July 29, 2020
- Best Way to Stop Cheating in Online Courses? ‘Teach Better’
Inside Higher Ed, Doug Lederman
- Coping With Coronavirus: How Faculty Members Can Support Students in Traumatic Times.pdf
Chronicle of Higher Education
- How to Be a Better Online Teacher (Advice Guide)
Chronicle of Higher Education, Flower Darby
- Building Community in Asynchronous Online Courses (from Duke, Learning Innovation)
- ACUE Online Teaching Toolkit
Association of College and University Educators
- Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start
Chronicle of Higher Education, Michelle D. Miller
- 4 Lessons from Moving a Face-to-Face Course Online
Chronicle of Higher Education, Kevin Gannon
- Virtual Classes Shouldn’t Be Cringeworthy. Here are 5 Tips for Teaching Live Online
EdSurge, Digital Learning in Higher Ed, Bonni Stachowiak
- How to Quickly (and Safely) Move a Lab Course Online
Chronicle of Higher Education, Heather R. Taft, March 17, 2020