PDF Version: Basic Steps for Adding Content.pdf
Instructors need to manually add content and content areas to their courses. This content can be added to a content area or a folder.
Adding a Content Area Link to the Navigation Menu
1. Click on the “+” icon at the upper left-hand corner of the navigation menu, then click on Content Area
NOTE: If you do not see the “+” sign, you are either in Edit Mode OFF or you have changed your menu view to “Folder” and will need to change it to “List”
2. Enter a name for the Content Area, check the box next to “Available to Users”, and then click “Submit”
The new Content Area link will appear at the bottom of the menu. A small gray square icon indicates that the Content Area has no content.
3. After clicking on the new link to load the new Content Area, use the buttons at the top of the screen to add different types of content to the page
Adding a File to a Content Area or Folder
1. Navigate to the Content Area or Folder where the content will be added
2. To add a file that you have created, click on the “Build Content” button, then on “File”
3. Click on “Browse My Computer” and select the file to be added to the Content Area or Folder
4. The file name will appear at the bottom. Enter a name for the link. This name does not need to match the file name
5. (OPTIONAL): Click on “Yes” next to “Open in New Window”
6. Click Submit