iClicker Cloud/iClicker Classic is the student response system (SRS) endorsed by the University and supported by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL). All Storrs and Hartford Campus classrooms are equipped with iClicker receivers and instructors may obtain an iClicker instructor’s kit by following the instructions below. Students who purchase an iClicker bundle should be able to use this SRS throughout their UConn career. The bundle includes the remote as well as the app for five years.
Request an iClicker Instructor Kit
iClicker instructor kits include a receiver base, a student remote (to practice), and an instructor remote that allows you to control polling, results, your slides and has a laser pointer built in. Order my instructor kit.
Be sure to order the clicker bundle (iClicker remote and app for 5 years) for your students at the UConn Bookstore long before the beginning of the semester (two months before classes begin is not too early). They will need your anticipated class enrollment.
If the student uses the app they must enter their NetID to register. If a student uses the remote they must register it in your course. Once they’re registered you can sync your class roster with their app and clickers and upload polling results to HuskyCT. Learn more about clicker registration options under Using iClicker with HuskyCT below.
Simple to install and use
iClicker Cloud can be downloaded to a Windows or Mac computer. Once you download it, you can run it from the P: drive, USB device, or your laptop (if you use your laptop you must bring a base with you to class).
1. Download the iClicker Cloud instructor software from iclicker.com and install it. You can copy the extracted application to your P: drive, USB or run it from your laptop.
2. The first time you use the software you’ll need to create an account with iClicker. Because all iClicker Cloud data is saved to the cloud, you will use this account to
access your course data from anywhere.
3. Logon the classroom computer (or your laptop). Double click the shortcut iClicker Cloud if you’re using Windows or Mac to launch the software. The software launches and allows you to create a new class or select an existing one.
4. Once the Course Dashboard opens, click the blue Create a Course button to create your first course. The more detail you provide, the easier it will be for your
students to find your class. Once completed, let your students know that your course is ready to join.
5. You are now ready to go and all of your polling data from this and future sessions will be saved in the Cloud.
6. Afterward you can review polling in Gradebook and sync results to HuskyCT.
Cross platform – iClicker Cloud software can poll in class with the iClicker Cloud.exe Windows software and review results on either Windows or Mac.
Using iClicker with HuskyCT
iClicker Cloud software can integrate with our learning management system: HuskyCT. You can then sync up your student roster with the app and clickers used in class to see how each student is polling. To set this up follow Setup Instructions v7.
Each technology equipped classroom in Storrs and Hartford has a specific iClicker channel. You and your students need to be aware of this for iClicker to work correctly with the remote iClicker. The iClicker app uses WiFi and doesn’t need the base. Learn more on our iClicker Channels page.
iClicker Information Session
Want to learn more about iClicker 2 and how to use it? Sign up for one of the training sessions found here.
Semester Startup Checklist
You might find this Semester Startup Checklist useful as you prepare for classes before each semester.