Are you interested in learning more about leading class discussions, flipping the classroom, conducting large classes, assessing student learning, or other useful teaching tips? Mentor Commons is free to use and available any time online.
This series offers video-based programs designed to answer a specific question related to teaching and learning, delivering actionable insights in highly focused 20-minute presentations designed to fit busy schedules.
University of Connecticut-Storrs has purchased access to The Teaching Professor and 20-Minute Mentor Commons
As a member of our campus community this online content from Magna Publications is available at no cost to you. Since 1972 Magna has been a leading provider of higher education professional development resources. Sign up today and help energize your higher education career.
Edited by respected scholar and expert Dr. Maryellen Weimer,of Penn State Berks, The Teaching Professor is a forum for discussion of the best strategies supported by the latest research for effective teaching in the college Classroom.
20-Minute Mentor Commons offers on-demand versions of Magna’s popular 20-Minute Mentor programs, covering a broad range of faculty development topics.
There are two ways to access the latest content or browse the archives:
- On-campus, or when connecting via IP:go to www.magnapubs.com to view our group subscription content. If connected from an IP from your institution, you should see an option “Group Access” in the blue bar at the top of the page. Click Group Access to view the subscriptions currently available. It is not necessary to create an account or log in to access the subscription on-campus.
- To access the group subscription from an off-campus computer follow the steps below.
To register and log in to access the group subscription:
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/register/. Enter information in the required fields > Submit. NOTE: if you get an error that your password does not match, skip down to the EXISTING USERS Section below
- Once successfully registered, you will see a screen “Thank you for completing your registration”
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/profile/join-sitelicense/d6726b0f1fd67815bd42927ba01ded6a
- On the right side of the page, in the “Username or email address” box, enter the email address that you submitted in Step 1.
- Enter your password > Login
- On the My Account page > Join Team
- On the My Online Access page click the appropriate orange “Go to…” box for access
For Teaching Professor subscribers: When taken to the Teaching Professor web site, in the upper right corner, select Sign In. Re-enter your email address and Magna password. Click Sign In. You will now have full access to the articles and content on the site.
For Magna Commons and 20-Minute Mentor Commons subscribers: You will be taken to the dashboard for the institutional subscription. Scroll to search or locate the materials you wish to access or view.
If you get an error when using Create Account:
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/profile/lost-password/
- Enter your email address > Reset Password
- Once the password has been reset, go to the URL in Step 3 above to complete the registration process and log in
If you have any questions or need further assistance with your account, please contact our Customer Service staff at email@example.com.
Please contact UConn’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL@uconn.edu) for more information.