Are you feeling anxious about how the upcoming hurricane and winter storm seasons might wreak havoc with the delivery and smooth flow of your teaching? Cancelled classes are no longer a rare exception here on the East Coast, so it makes sense to plan accordingly, establish an online presence (such as on HuskyCT), and even record lectures ahead of time.
Mediasite is the University’s solution for lecture capture and streaming. Whether you are teaching online or face-to-face, reinforcing a difficult topic, or making up a missed class, Mediasite can provide an appropriate and effective solution.
Mediasite offers five basic options for creating and capturing lecture content:
- Screencast: Record the screen as a full motion video and use the microphone to record audio
- Slideshow plus video: Record a web camera of yourself as full motion video and the screen as slide snapshots, while using the microphone to record audio
- Slideshow plus audio: Capture the screen as slide snapshots and use the microphone to record audio
- Screencast plus video: Record the screen as a full motion video and a web camera of yourself, while using the microphone to record audio
- Video upload: Upload videos from the my Mediasite portal
Much of this you can record on your own using just a laptop or tablet, but the iTV group also offers everything from recording studios with state-of-the-art teaching tools (like smart boards) to headsets and high-quality microphones.