Mediasite is the University’s solution for lecture capture and streaming. Whether you are teaching online or face-to-face, reinforcing a difficult topic or making up a missed class, Mediasite can provide an appropriate and effective solution.
Mediasite offers five basic options for creating and capturing lecture content:
- Screencast: Record the screen as a full motion video and use the microphone to record audio
- Slideshow plus video: Record a web camera of yourself as full motion video and the screen as slide snapshots, while using the microphone to record audio
- Slideshow plus audio: Capture the screen as slide snapshots and use the microphone to record audio
- Screencast plus video: Record the screen as a full motion video and a web camera of yourself, while using the microphone to record audio
- Video upload: Upload videos from the my Mediasite portal
Much of this you can record on your own using just a laptop or tablet, but the iTV group also offers everything from recording studios with state-of-the-art teaching tools (like smart boards) to headsets and high-quality microphones.
See these videos on how to get started:
For more information, contact email@example.com (860-486-6540).