Bachelor of General Studies
Your Academic Counselor will work with you one-on-one throughout your BGS Program to periodically reassess your educational and career goals and to develop a plan of study that satisfies your academic interests and your degree requirements.
To earn your Bachelor of General Studies Degree you will:
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits towards graduation
- Satisfy UConn’s General Education Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 30 UConn credits
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits of upper division coursework
- Choose and fulfill the requirements of one of the following:
- Complete a BGS Capstone Experience appropriate for your academic interests
Your Academic Counselor will give you more detailed information regarding your degree requirements. You can also learn more by referring to the Continuing Studies section of the UConn Catalog for the academic year of your admission to the BGS Program.
If you choose to, you can also complete a Minor in a variety of academic subjects.