Bachelor of General Studies
You are invited to apply to the Bachelor of General Studies Program (BGS) if you have earned your Associate’s Degree or at least 60 credits from a regionally accredited college or university.
Just complete the following steps:
- Schedule a personal meeting with an Academic Counselor by contacting the Program Office at the UConn campus you wish to attend. Your Academic Counselor will answer your questions about the BGS Program and the application process. If you are admitted to BGS, your Academic Counselor will work one-on-one with you throughout your program.
- Complete and submit an Application Form (download), either electronically or by using the paper form given you by your Academic Counselor
- Submit a $95.00 Application Fee, made payable to the University of Connecticut, which is required with your application. If you’ve earned your Associate’s Degree from a Connecticut Community College from the year 2000 to the present, your application fee will be waived.
- Have official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities you’ve previously attended mailed directly to the Program Office at the campus you wish to attend.
- Have your official high school transcript mailed directly to the Program Office at the campus you wish to attend.
- If you are currently a UConn student who wishes to be admitted to the BGS Program, you will need to submit your application (see above) and a completed School Change Form .
Special Information for International Students
As an international student, you should complete the International Student Application Packet, and then make an appointment with an Academic Counselor to review the application materials prior to submission.
A decision concerning your admission is made after your completed application materials have been submitted and processed. You will be informed of the admissions decision by letter.